At Begley Law Group, PC, we help families develop a plan designed with your specific needs in mind. We get to know you and your family and assist with those special needs in caring for a disabled child. Parents often divide their estates equally among their children.
If all of the children are healthy, this makes sense. If one child has special needs, that child may need more or less than an equal share. The best way to make that determination might be to have a life care plan designed for your child. A properly designed and administered Special Needs Trust will serve to supplement public benefits such as SSI and Medicaid without jeopardizing eligibility. We will help you design a plan to protect such public benefits of your disabled child as well as allow you to protect them for their lifetime.
Third Party Special Needs Trust Checklist
Do I need a Third Party Special Needs Trust for my child? Download our planning questionnaire to determine how we can help with your unique needs.
Third Party Special Needs Trust Checklist »
Personal Injury Settlement Consulting Questionnaires
Does my client need a Special Needs Trust?
Download a Personal Injury Settlement Special Needs Trust Questionnaire »
Fill out Special Needs Trust Questionnaire online »
Third Party NJ Special Needs Trusts
The Begley Law Group, PC Value Package
Our goal is to insure that the person with disabilities will have the best quality of life possible.
Here’s what you get when you retain Begley Law Group, PC:
- Attorney consultation (90-120 minutes)
- Review Family Goals for person with disabilities and for spouse and non-disabled children
- Review public benefit programs available for persons with disabilities
- Review Federal and State Estate Taxes, Inheritance Taxes, Gift Tax and Income Taxes if appropriate
- Discuss the cost of maintaining the disabled family member for the rest of his/her life
- Discuss methods of paying for the care and other living expenses of the disabled family member for the rest of his or her life.
- Assist in the selection of an appropriate trustee.
- Discuss an appropriate guardian and the possible future need for a care manager.
- Special Needs Trust
- Living Wills/Health Care Powers of Attorney
- General Durable Power of Attorney
- Banking Power of Attorney
- Re-titling of Assets (if required).
- Change of beneficiary designations (if required).
Begley Law Group, PC is experienced in assisting clients with disabilities. Thomas D. Begley, Jr. was the founding General Manager of the Special Needs Alliance, a national organization of leading attorneys specializing in special needs planning and special needs trusts.
The firm’s lawyers are familiar with public benefits law, trust law and the tax law affecting trusts and public benefits. Every Partner of the firm are Certified Elder Law Attorneys (CELA) and are leaders in the Elder Law community. Begley Law Group, PC has developed systems to insure the consistent delivery of high quality legal services in a prompt and efficient manner.